Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

sunnuntai 9. lokakuuta 2011

Japanese GP: Woohoo, Vettel is double world champion!!!

Yesterday evening I was like a little girl waiting impatiently for Christmas Eve! On one hand I wanted to stay up as late as possible so I could enjoy all the thrilling anticipation of the upcoming race. I knew it was going to be all over so quickly - just like Christmas Eve goes by all too quickly. On the other hand I wanted to go to bed very early so that the race day would come sooner. I felt kind of restless when I went to bed and didn´t sleep too well but... For what a day I waked up to!

My heart was pounding when the lights went off. I was kind of surprised to see how aggressive Vettel was at the start forcing Button partly to the grass but luckily there was no further action due to the incident. Vettel was able to maintain the lead until the second pit stop. He was among the first ones to pit because Red Bull seemed to suffer harder from the tyre degradation than the Ferraris or the McLarens. And that was the Achilles heel for Red Bull today!

Button was able to snatch the lead from Vettel after the second  pit stop. Ferrari seemed to have very decent race pace aswell. Massa and Hamilton had a collision on lap 22 which caused safety car to come out because there was debris on the track. Also Alonso managed to pass Vettel during the third pit stop! At the end of the race Vettel was only less than 2 seconds behind Alonso but he didn´t want to take any risks and try to overtake him. Button has clearly found more pace and confidence in the second half of the season and the Briton totally deserved to win today. I also have to mention Nico Rosberg, who made his way from the 23rd spot up to 10th and managed to score one point. However, the race result seems kind of irrelevant today...

Sebastian Vettel´s task today was to score one point. In spite of that he scored 15 points and  became the youngest-ever double world champion! I´m absolutely overwhelmed with strong emotions at the moment! I was utterly touched by Sebastian´s kind words of his trainer Tommi Pärmäkoski at the press conference after the race. Vettel had an absolutely perfect start to the season. It would have been more than easy to let the huge success remove his feet from the ground and make him float in the air... Which didn´t happen for Sebastian thanks to the expertise of his Finnish trainer! I guess not many pepople even realise what a huge role Tommi has behind Vettel´s unbelievable success. Tommi is an exceptional guy - not only he does his job perfectly but he is also a very warm-hearted person.

I have an emotional storm inside my head at the moment! There are many reasons why I admire the young German so much. First of all, I admire his determination. He knows what he wants to achieve and he works extremely hard for his goals. I admire him because of his attitude. He always keeps his feet firmly on the ground and doesn´t take success for granted. I admire him because of his self-confidence. I´ve always had difficulties to believe in myself so I admire Vettel who is always confident despite setbacks, disappointments and difficulties. And I love his sense of humour. Though he takes his job very seriously he always has twinkle in his eye!

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel, Tommi Pärmäkoski and the whole Red Bull team for the world championship! I hope you have an awesome party tonight! You definitely deserve it!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti